Western PA Ophthalmologists
Drs. George & Alison Zambelli
Welcome to Zambelli Cataract & Laser Eye Institute, a full-service medical and surgical eye care practice serving Rochester, Beaver County, and the entire Western PA region. Led by medical director Dr. George Zambelli and his daughter, Dr. Alison Zambelli, our team offers a wide range of premium services to help patients achieve clear, crisp vision. Every treatment is performed with the compassionate, personalized and professional brand of patient care that we are known for.
We believe in using the best ophthalmic technology in the interest of our patients. Using key pieces of advanced technology allows us to deliver better patient care and achieve improved visual outcomes. We are pleased to be the first eye care practice in the area to do the following:
- Replace surgical instruments with the CATALYS femtosecond laser for cataract removal
- Offer the Tecnis Symfony intraocular lens, an Extended Depth of Focus (EDOF) IOL that corrects presbyopia
- Use the Ellex Ultra Q Reflex laser for laser floater treatment
- Perform FDA-approved corneal cross-linking for the treatment of keratoconus using the Avedro KXL System
Leaders in Cataract Surgery
Cataract surgery is the most common surgical procedure performed around the world, and it is very safe and successful. To stay aligned with our commitment to technology and innovation, our team invested in the CATALYS laser, which replaces handheld surgical instruments and enhances many steps of the cataract removal process.
Highlights of laser-assisted cataract surgery with the CATALYS include the following:
- Ability to customize treatment to the unique size and shape of the eye
- Ability to create perfectly sized, shaped and centered openings to access the cataract
- Gently softens the lens using less energy than is used in traditional cataract surgery
- Quick and gentle treatment
- Speedy recovery and visual outcomes
- Treats astigmatism with the creation of precise Limbal Relaxing Incisions
In addition to using laser technology to remove cataracts, our team offers a large selection of intraocular lenses (IOLs) to restore clear vision, including the Tecnis Symfony IOL that was approved in 2016. The Symfony is the first and only Extended Depth of Focus (EDOF) IOL that restores clear vision from near to far, and all points in between, while mitigating the effects of presbyopia. Most patients achieve complete independence from glasses with the Symfony IOL.